Some Do’s and Dont’s for Writing SEO-Optimized Content
Content optimization for new pages.
1. First and most important is to write for humans and not machines. Write on the style or jargon of your potential visitors.
2. Make the text be readable for all audiences. Avoid the need for a very high level to understand the copy and stuffing the copy with unrelated keywords.
3. Carefully choose the keywords to optimize each new page. Select up to 3 keywords per page. Use keywords that match what the user is looking for. The ideal keyword has great potential search and very little competition.
4. The textual content of each page should have a minimum of 100 words. (We recommend including an intro or introduction of two extension lines to include keywords and summarize the content of the page). Maintaining a high rate in the relationship of indexable text /HTML since pages with low percentages have no SEO value. The ideal ratio is 25% to 70%, with an acceptable value from 15%.
5. Maintaining good density ratio between keywords and textual content. It is recommended that the use of keywords does not exceed 5-7% of the textual content of the page.
6. Highlight keywords on textual content using tag <strong>.
7. It is very important to the “principle of priority” in the structure of the text, ie, the further to the left is a word becomes more important for the algorithm of a search engine. This is why keywords should appear at the beginning of paragraphs and located mainly on the left side of prayer.
8. The semantic variation of the keyword is also taken into account by search engines. It is important that the content have semantic variations of a keyword (such as singular, plural and synonyms).
9. For example if we have the keyword “leather bags Milan” always better “leather bags from Milan” to “leather bags created and designed in Milan” since it acquired next higher value for the algorithm of search engines.
10. Place the Keywords in the following elements of each page:
Page Title: Use only one keyword, the most important next to the branding. (Using more than one word, it can be considered as Google penalty-inducing technique “Keyword Stuffing”). The title will have a maximum of 70 characters.
Meta Keywords: Use the 3 keywords and 2 more related. This tag will take up to 5 words.
Meta Description: Use the first 150 characters of the text written for each page (which will correspond to the intro text, in order to ensure the emergence of the keywords in the description of the results of búsqeda). This tag will have a maximum of 150 characters.
H1, H2, and Images Atl, inbound and outbound links: Use the 3 keywords separately and together with other words to prevent the recurrence of the same content in each of these elements.
Maintain a Natural and Relevant relation of Keywords/Content
The keywords you select, and appearing in the title, meta-description, URL and Hx, should also appear in the page content distributed in a relevant and consistent manner.
Use a mixture of Short tail Kws (popular and competitive) and Long Tail Kws (conversion). Whenever the flow is natural and relevant keywords need not worry about the exact value of a keyword density.
The content must have a meaning, never use meaningless keywords, otherwise the site could be penalized by search engines.
On April 2012, many sites have been hit by the update of Google Panda Algorithm, the keyword stuffing. (Over optimization of keyword density) was among the main reasons.
Another aspect of this Black Hat technique is to hide keywords within the content. From the above algorithm update, rankings of many sites were collapsed due to the use of this technique also known as “Spam Indexing” including actions such as:
• Hide keywords with same background color
• Hide keywords in a small portion of the page. See an example of this at this post from Google which speaks about webspam.
We’ll post some Subjective techniques in the future. If you have other tips please post them in the comments.
To find out more about InSequent’s automated SEO product please email us at email@example.com.