New cell phone etiquette
New Cell Phone Rules of Etiquette from Mike Elgan of ComputerWorld. Cell phones need their own rules of etiquette, or we’ll descend into social barbarism.
- 1. Lower your voice when taking calls in public.
- 2. Avoid personal topics when others can hear you.
- 3. Avoid taking calls when you’re already engaged in a face-to-face conversation.
- 4. If you do take a call, ask permission of the people with you.
- 5. Avoid texting during a face-to-face conversations.
- 6. Put your phone’s ringer on “silent” in theaters and restaurants.
- 7. Don’t light up your phone’s screen in a dark theater.
- 8. Hang up and drive.
Full article here.